Family First Braille is Dedicated to Breaking
Barriers to Community Integration for People
with Visual Impairments and Their Families.
Our Family Story
Our son, Tyler, was born at 26 weeks ( that’s 14 weeks before he was due ).
He passed away at the edge of 7 years old in 2005. It was vey difficult to find ways to help Tyler ( and our entire family ) integrate into our community. This business is a tribute to his short life, and we hope to be able to help other people with
the information and creativity we learned while he was alive.
What Barriers To Community Integration Are We trying to break ?
- Additional medical and/or cognitive issues: We provide specialized for our clients.
- Family financial status: We offer Family Grants to help families purchase needed equipment.
- Family time and energy: We provide instructions, but will also prepare items for you if needed.
- Qualifying for services: We don’t require any qualifications for service. No IEP, no doctor’s verification.
- Location, distance from services: If you know someone
who doesn’t have internet access, we mail our magazine.
- Organizations who wouldn’t serve families: Sounds crazy, doesn’t it ? It does to us, too.
- Knowledge of resources: We provide information on other organizations in our blog and magazine.
- Lack of community support: We provide community classes ( braille, music, and more ), and our magazine is for everyone.
- Lack of understanding the needs and strengths of people with visual impairments: Read our blog for inspiration and information.